Sunday, March 18, 2007

Best webappsec proxy tool for use on a Mac?

What are people's preferences for web security inspection proxy servers on the Mac?

So far I've used:

  • WebScarab
  • Paros
I've got to say that so far I prefer Paros, but its really the simple way of creating a new session that sold me.

WebScarab's user interface is a little funky in their multi-panel view where clicking certain arrows and such seems very confusing.

I'll play with them a little more before I make up my mind on which one I'm going to stick with, but if people have preferences I'd love to hear them. Focus on general usability, and then special features like fuzzing support, session-id analysis, etc.

1 comment:

DM said...

The tamperdata firefox extension isn't half bad. It's not very feature rich but it covers the basics well enough...